Today was sort of a wash. I spent almost all of it configuring a server which was already pretty much configured. Despite spending a full human day on it I’m not sure I could tell you what’s different now. It was all just optimization, mainly.
I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out how the hell I was going to map my network and eventually redo it. It’s gotten a lot more complex and is getting out of hand. Plus, I got a label maker, so I guess I feel empowered. I did make some good progress there, I think. Similar to the fileserver, it’s something I’ve wanted to tackle for a long time. I don’t know why I’m doing it now, but I will be glad when I have done it.