The time has changed

The time has finally changed. I have really missed the outdoors and it will be so nice to have more time to spend in it. I was reading about the history of DST today and it was essentially implemented to more efficiently fight WWI. I guess it had been talked about and dabbled with before that but Germany really took the plunge. I wonder if there’s a world where we could all agree to just adjust to a :30 mins offset, which is kept in perpetuity.

We are going out of town this weekend, so I am trying to get my drones in shape for an outing. We’re only going to be gone overnight so I really don’t have to get super-prepared. I’d just like to get a couple of packs worth of footage, if possible. I’m not sure if it will be, but we will see. It is my wife’s birthday, so it definitely has a lower priority than normal.

I am quite excited for the trip. We have not been anywhere in what feels like an absolute eternity and additionally I am very happy to be able to take her here. I have a good feeling about it.

I cut together a fairly amusing video from the footage kiddo and I shot together last weekend. I had so much fun filming it. It was too short of a moment.

Sort of a wash

Today was sort of a wash. I spent almost all of it configuring a server which was already pretty much configured. Despite spending a full human day on it I’m not sure I could tell you what’s different now. It was all just optimization, mainly.

I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out how the hell I was going to map my network and eventually redo it. It’s gotten a lot more complex and is getting out of hand. Plus, I got a label maker, so I guess I feel empowered. I did make some good progress there, I think. Similar to the fileserver, it’s something I’ve wanted to tackle for a long time. I don’t know why I’m doing it now, but I will be glad when I have done it.

Hello

I keep telling myself that I’m going to do this, but then not. Tonight, I finally did.

This weekend I set up a fileserver with my current fleet of externals and pretty much every single SATA drive I had laying around. Most have some just random data that needs cleaned off and organized. I ended up with about 17 TB of storage on the server. A good bit will be disconnected once I’ve done some proper archiving. It feels pretty nice to finally be getting that in order.

Both JZBL and BPEX are down for the count as of today. JZBL has a broken top plate and BPEX has unspecified electrical problems. The good news is that I have two new frames and should be able to just rebuild them both and be back up and running.